We are excited to express the most recent gas and oil heat news with you to help you make the best-educated decision when selecting a home heating system and supplier that you can rely on for all of your home comfort requirements while saving you money and energy!
Batman vs. Superman, Football vs. Baseball. Some debates will never be resolved. One of these is the argument over which type of heating system is best for your home. Although the debate over which is superior will not approach the burning level of arguments over athletes or pop culture, both sides have significant supporters, along with solid reasons. Let’s look at all perspectives and see who wins in the end.
Let’s look at some facts about Oil Vs. Gas Heating
1. HEATING OIL IS COMPLETELY SAFE
- Fuel oil is not explosive, and heating oil is only ignited by a sophisticated burning mechanism within an oil burner or furnace.
- Inhaling fumes is not lethal; unlike gas, which is regarded as “the silent killer” and is the common cause of death from carbon monoxide poisoning in the United Kingdom, there is a little risk of carbon monoxide entering the home via oil.
- Before releasing carbon monoxide, faults in the system offer visible warning indications such as smoke, smells, or even ash; however, gas heating systems provide no warning of carbon monoxide creation or release.
2. HEATING OIL IS RELIABLE
- Heating oil helps to control your personalized supply of oil, which is stored on your own land, and then you can also select how to utilize and save your supply as needed.
3. HEATING OIL IS NON-POLLUTING AND SAFE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
- The sulfur level of heating oil has been lowered by more than 93 % over the last 20 years, and today’s modern heating oil is 95 percent better than it was in 1970.
- Oil burner emissions have indeed been lowered to near-zero levels, resulting in a 95% reduction in total emissions.
- According to a survey published in 2004 by Oil and Energy, heating oil is more ecologically favorable in terms of emissions.
- New oil heat systems produce no smoke, filth, or smells in the home when carefully controlled and maintained
4. HEATING OIL BEATS GAS IN TERMS OF EFFICIENCY
- Heating oil burns around 16% more effectively than gas on average.
- New oil heat equipment has efficiency ratings ranging from 83% to 95% and can have an average life span of 30 years or more if maintained properly, compared to a gas furnace’s typical average lifespan of 11-14 years.
- Upgrades to more energy-efficient heating oil systems pay for themselves quickly, increase value to a property, as well as provide efficient domestic heat than gas.
- An oil-fueled water heater recovers hot water twice as quickly as a gas water heater and 3 times as quickly as an electric water heater.
5. HEATING OIL HAS BEEN LESS EXPENSIVE THAN NATURAL GAS
Yes, the surge in oil prices has made life difficult, but did you know that, depending on the area where you live, the cost of heating oil has generally been cheaper 5 out of the last 7 years, or more depending on which state you reside in.
Even with the current oil price drop, it is unavoidable that energy prices will vary and perhaps climb again – including natural gas! We at All Heating One are as anxious as you are, and that is why we provide a variety of flexible pricing.
Contact us if you are looking for a new boiler installation. You may also rely on us for the most up-to-date, energy-efficient heating oil systems to help you save money on home energy expenditures today and in the future.